Here's a big son of a bitch one.... frickin lawyers...
- EA expects you only to use your leisure time to participate in this program, and does not expect you to forego other activities, including gainful employment, during the time you spend participating in this voluntary program
- you are granted the revocable, limited right to install the Beta Materials onto a single computer for the sole purpose of evaluating the Beta
- You shall not sublicense to, transfer, distribute or permit use of the Beta Materials by, any third party, Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Beta
So, if you find a problem and suggest a good idea to fix it... you won't get paid ... ever
- YOUR FEEDBACK SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY OF EA AND/OR ITS LICENSORS OR LICENSEES...YOU AGREE THAT EA AND/OR ITS LICENSORS OR LICENSEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL AND IRREVOCABLE RIGHT TO USE, MODIFY, AND OTHERWISE EXPLOIT ALL OR PART OF YOUR FEEDBACK OR ANY DERIVATIVE THEREOF IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVISED WITHOUT ANY REMUNERATION, COMPENSATION OR CREDIT TO YOU
So... there's the question of screenshots and videos. As near as I can understand, EA is calling these materials "confidential". I am confused by the language and format of this EULA... If I'm correct, "confidential" material can be freely distributed among fellow Beta Testers?
- you have no expectation of privacy concerning your use of the Game and/or Beta Software (including, any character data or communication
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE GAME AND BETA SOFTWARE MAY WELL CONTAIN ERRORS AND DEFECTS AND ARE NOT FINAL PRODUCTS
- EA does not provide any support for the Game and Beta
- you are expected to suggest changes, improvements, additions
- It is your responsibility to report all known bugs, abuse of 'bugs', 'undocumented features' or other defects
- You acknowledge that EA reserve the right to lock anyone caught abusing a "Bug" out of all EA products.
- In the event that you violate any of the terms...EA, in its best business judgment, may...subject you to any legal remedies that EA may take
- You shall use best efforts to safeguard and to prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of the Confidential Information
- Saying things like “This game sucks because I lost my character when I did something that crashed the game” is not helpful
- You will not represent yourself as an officer or employee, sub-contractor or somehow being connected with EA